The brig Blue Shadow was built in 1778 for the America Navy. Equipped with 12 guns, it is characterized by the very high masting and by the amount of sails, in addition to the classic one, formed by the studding-sail and by the top-gallant studding-sail, both on the main and on the fore mast
Marseille is a 1764 French schooner. Reconstruction carried out on original drawings of that time of a ship meant for shooting training. Equipped with 24 three-pound guns mounted on a special gun-carriage fixed on the board-side and with other 2 guns of retreat of the same gauge
Designed by G.L. Watson, the yacht Britannia was built at the request of Edward II, Prince of Wales at that time. It is considered by the English the most important and representative racing yacht of that time. It is difficult to conceive a drawing that makes its lines be considered old-fashioned.
The Lexington belonged to a small fleet of merchant ships, which were hastily converted into war ship in Philadelphia in 1775/77 during the war against England. Under captain John Barry's command the Lexington was successfully engaged in battle on April 7th, 1776 against the corvette Edward
The first Lemster barges were built in 1876 in the shipyard All Gebr. De Boera in Lemmer, Fiesland. The Lemster barge originally was a fishing vessel for use on the Northern part of the then sill open Zuiderzee, where during wind against tide often very foul seas developed
Real steamboat with typical paddle-wheel sailing along the Mississippi river. It was used both for the conveyance of goods, mostly cotton coming from the vast plantations of the deep South, and for the conveyance of passengers in the great staging of show-boat.